|Subscribe to our site
540 YMCA Way
Ashland, OR 97520
Contact: Ashland Family YMCA
Ashland Family YMCA, Ashland, Oregon 97520 / Special Events / News
Welcoming Week 9/13-9/22
Join us for a week long celebration of community at the Ashland Family YMCA.
. . . . . . . . .
- Ashland Y members are encouraged to bring a guest on us! **
- We will be hosting Interactive activities promoting inclusion and community in our lobby all week.
- Ashland Y members will receive 20% off their bill (excluding alcohol) at the local, family owned restaurant El Pariso all week long.
- Our friend Sam with Sultan's Delight Food Truck (serving Greek and Middle Easter treats) will be at the Y on Monday 9/16 from 11am-1pm
- Our new friends at Juego Smoothies Food Truck will be at the Y from 9a-1:30p on Wednesday 9/18 serving up healthy drinks, healthy snacks and healthy fun!
- Give our Tai Chi, Belly Fit and Zumba classes a try - they will be free and open to members and their guests all week.
Welcoming Week, held September 13-22, 2019, is a national celebration of the growing movement of inclusive communities that fully embrace New Americans and their contributions to the social fabric of our country. Created by YMCA of the USA’s (Y-USA) national partner Welcoming America, Welcoming Week brings together immigrants and U.S.-born residents at community-based events, to promote cross-cultural understanding and raise awareness of the benefits of welcoming everyone.
With more than 42 million foreign-born individuals currently living in the U.S.—more than at any other point in history— it is imperative for the cohesiveness and well-being of our communities that all neighbors have opportunities to engage, build mutual understanding and work together to create positive social progress for all.
• Welcoming Week is an annual, non-partisan event that brings together immigrants and U.S.-born residents to celebrate diversity and the community benefits of welcoming everyone.
• At community-based Welcoming Week events nationwide, people from different backgrounds and
ideologies come together to find common ground and build cross-cultural understanding.
• The Y participates in Welcoming Week because we are guided by a belief that communities are stronger
and more cohesive when everyone feels welcome and we work together for the common good.
• Welcoming Week was founded by the Y’s national partner Welcoming America, a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that helps communities become more inclusive and prosperous for all.
. . . . . . .
** Members: bring a guest on us! During Welcoming Week, we are encouraging members to bring in a guest (with photo id) and for each guest you bring, your name will be entered into a raffle and the prize will be a free personal training session or free specialty group fitness class for a month. There is no limit to how many guests members can bring. There is no limit for the week on how many times a person can be a guest. Guests must be present with the member at the time of visit. Photo ID is required of all guests 18 and older.