Ashland Family YMCA, Ashland, Oregon 97520 / Youth Development / News
(click here to see the flyer)
We are currently offering emergency childcare (grades K-5) for medical personnel, healthcare workers, first responders, essential personnel and vulnerable populations.
EMERGENCY CHILDCARE for grades K-5
is currently OFFERED at
The Ashland Family YMCA location
Monday - Friday
8a-3p: $35 Y-members/$50 Community
3p-6p: $15 Y-members/$21 Community
fees are for individual dates of emergency childcare
financial assistance is available to those who qualify
email email@example.com to register
an up-to-date health form is required for each child
steps we are taking during COVID-19:
· We are working with the Ashland School District and will be providing sack lunches at the Y for children in emergency childcare.
· We are asking kids to bring their own coloring supplies in a zip lock bag or pencil pouch and books to read (we will provide the paper) .
· We will be utilizing more rooms in the facility to promote social distancing.
· We will be putting a chair's length between children during mealtimes.
· We will be teaching kids proper hand washing techniques.
· We will have staff and children wash hands/ sanitize before they come into the rooms and during all transition periods and meal times.
· We are continuing to follow our thorough facility disinfection and cleaning protocols and have increased the number of cleanings daily.
Please know that we will address the current state orders and continue to inform you as we adapt our emergency childcare.
We have taken our staffing numbers and facility use into consideration when making this decision. As a safety precaution we will be limiting the number of children we have in our facility. We will keep small supervised groups separated in areas around our facility and when the weather allows, we will be outside engaging in non-contact activities. We will be encouraging hand washing and hand sanitizer use frequently.
Thank you for supporting the Y as we support the community. The Ashland Family YMCA is providing Emergency Childcare but, has suspended operations, fitness, aquatics and sports programs at our facility. We intend to reopen as soon as possible, depending on the current situation and maintaining the recommended precautions.
We are offering live streaming and recorded fitness classes, making numerous repairs and improvements to the facility and assisting with community service work to help those who need it most. The Y is also continuing to employ our staff and directing them to work from home when possible. With the support of our members, the Y will continue to improve the health and wellbeing of our community during this challenging time.