|Subscribe to our site
540 YMCA Way
Ashland, OR 97520
Contact: Ashland Family YMCA
Ashland Family YMCA, Ashland, Oregon 97520 / News
5.22.20 CEO MESSAGE
May 22, 2020
Dear YMCA Members,
We are getting excited to welcome you back to the Y and again want to say ‘THANK YOU’ for your continued support of the Y. We love our Y family and can’t wait to get back together again. As we prepare to open the Y facility on June 1st, we want to make you aware of some of the changes that you can expect. We are paying particular attention to how we all enter, exit, move about, wipe down surfaces and maintain proper physical distancing. There are additional member policy updates to ensure that we all do our part to stay healthy and safe. Before you return, please check out this link. We thank you in advance for doing your part to care for yourself and others as you return.
We have been watching carefully as some Y’s outside of Oregon have reopened. Here is a top 10 list of things that we have learned:
- Phase your reopening. We closed quickly, but we need to reopen slowly and get it right!
- Don’t open until you are ready. Ensure you have all that you need to be safe and healthy.
- Listen to your members. Listen and learn what is and is not working and be open to feedback.
- Keep your supplies well-stocked. Many supplies are in low supply. Make sure you have enough!
- Retrain staff. Some staff will have very different requirements to conduct their jobs safely.
- Welcome everyone back. Make sure everyone feels welcome, but also knows how to do their part.
- Provide clear signage. From how to enter, exit and move about, make sure instructions are clear.
- Know and follow guidelines. Make sure everyone knows what to do and why it is important to do it.
- Move from high-touch to No-touch. This is difficult to do at a Y, but it is the responsible thing to do.
- Keep it clean. Double-down on cleaning schedules, supplies and deep cleaning overnight and throughout the day.
Here is a sample of signage that you will see upon your return. We know that you will be busy with your workouts and routines when you are at the Y, so take a few minutes to read and understand the intent of these messages to keep us all healthy and safe as we reopen.
We are so excited to welcome you back into the facility June 1st. However, we will be offering some outdoor classes and activities beginning next Tuesday! If you are not ready to move back indoors or just want to ease back into your Y routine, check out our ever-growing list of outdoor classes here. We know that some of you will choose not to return right away, for your own health reasons, but we will continue to offer over 40 online classes moving forward. Some are pre-recorded, but several will be offered as a live-stream class. If you do not know how to access these offerings, give us a call and we can set up a time to walk you through how to take an online class or reserve a space in an upcoming fitness class or activity.
We are making final preparations to welcome you back. Supplies that have been on back order are beginning to be delivered and stocked. Plastic screens are being installed at the front desk. Hand sanitizing stations are operational and new supplies for wiping down equipment is being placed around the facility. Staff are beginning to determine if they are ready to return to work and we will be able to share our full schedule of offerings on our website next week.
As time goes by, we will keep adding more classes and offerings, so stay informed by subscribing to our website. Every time we add news or events, you will receive an alert as a subscriber.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 541-482-9622 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We miss you!
We thank you!
We will get through this together!
CEO, Ashland Family YMCA