Aquatic Center is Open!
Aquatic Center has reopened as of Monday, February 1, 2021
We are excited to announce that our Aquatic Center is open as of Monday, February 1 with a limited schedule and modified use mostly by reservation.
To maintain a safe environment for members and staff and in accordance with restrictions from the Oregon Health Authority we have added new protocols, posted signage and reminders, added cleaning stations and an online reservation system.
• Physical distancing must be maintained while at the pool and in the locker rooms.
• Only one person/family unit allowed in the spa at one time. Time will be limited to 15 minutes.
• Members are encouraged to come already dressed for the pool and limit their time in the locker room.
• Face coverings are required at all times for ages 5 and up. They are NOT permitted while in the water.
• Please leave your pool equipment (barbell, noodle, etc.) in the water when you leave. Staff will sanitize them.
• Please visit the Pool Schedule on our website to “sign up” and reserve your spot. Click here. Instructions are available here.
• Please be sure to cancel your reservation if you can not make it. Please see Descriptions on the online Pool Schedule for more details.
• Therapeutic Swim - individual activity/exercise in the open swim area of pool.
• Tether Swim - stationary lap swimming while wearing a tether.
• Family Swim - your household of 2 to 5 people will share the open swim area of the pool.
• Lap Swim - two people per lane.
A max of 2 back-to-back 25 minute time slots may be reserved. At this time, a max of 3 visits per week is allowed for lap swimming.
The Meese Family Aquatic Center features a 45' X 75' with 3' to 9' depths and an attached 20' X 20" alcove that is 3' deep. Our warm saline pool is set at a temperature ideal for children and seniors. The UV filtration system in our pool reduces chlorine and makes the pool and entire aquatic center cleaner and healthier. Hydraulic lift chairs are available for those who need them.
Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult or enrolled in a supervised program while at the YMCA. Non-swimming children must be accompanied by an adult member while in the pool.
Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify. Click here for the application. Program and class discounts may be available for Jackson Care Connect members.
Safety is a priority for our youth participants.
Family Swim Time
Enjoy the open swim area and alcove - fun for the entire family!
Family swim registration is available in 25-minute time slots allowing for transition into and out of pool area. Time slots may be reserved back to back for a total of 55 minutes.
For more information and to reserve your time - click here for the schedule.
Thank you for supporting the Y as we support the community.
The Ashland Family YMCA is providing Emergency Childcare but, has suspended operations, fitness, aquatics and sports programs at our facility. We intend to reopen as soon as possible, depending on the current situation and maintaining the recommended precautions.
We are offering live streaming and recorded fitness classes, making numerous repairs and improvements to the facility and assisting with community service work to help those who need it most. The Y is also continuing to employ our staff and directing them to work from home when possible. With the support of our members, the Y will continue to improve the health and wellbeing of our community during this challenging time.